My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, June 21, 2010

Six

Well, I did it.  I ran 6.

Still sorting through my feelings about it.  At this moment I think it is the max for me.

It took me 1 hour and 27 minutes.  I jogged that entire time without walking.  That alone is amazing to me, just amazing!

I got home downed some water, had some coffee and then made the mistake of laying on the couch with my little guy to watch a movie and snoozed off and on.  I was sore most of the day and just generally tired.....

I think running buddies are so important.  I would have easily canceled on our usual run after taking 3 days off from running.  But, I knew they were going and it gets me motivated.

I wanted to whine and complain, so I put my headphones on and just ran with them, and they get that! I LOVE them.  I was focused and determined to do what I set out to do, and they didn't need to hear me whine.

It was  a battle with me and that voice in my head that tells me I can't do it and to quit......and I won! :) And that feels good and TOTALLY worth it.

I know they will be running six soon and I am going to do it with them!!

And an update on how I feel the day after?

I am happy to announce that I am doing well, I am suprised how good my body feels and that goes to show you my training has been just right.  I was ready. *smile!

And I will be back at it tomorrow.......for sure!

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

YEAH!!!! I just love this post! thanks for sharing all that you are thinking and feeling! you keep it real!