My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Not Optional

It's Not Optional. 

It's Not Optional!

Not anymore.

If I want to achieve my goals, it's just NOT OPTIONAL. I must get out there and jog.

If the weather is bad, I must go to the gym.

If I am tired, I can sleep later. *smile*

If I am not in the mood, I reminded....................It's just NOT OPTIONAL!

So fitting since my awesome friend Beth is the one who said that and we went on a run today outside!! She's coming back from an injury, I hope it just keeps getting better for her, because I need her!


So, 1.5 jog on Wednesday, check! Today is a rest day.

I have been obsessed lately with Pandora Radio while at work and addicted to Selah.  Especially this song, I absolutely cannot get enough of them. All of their songs are great, it was hard to pick one to share. I have a wide range of music tastes.  One day it's Bon Jovi, one day it's the Dave Matthews Band, and one day it is Casting Crowns. Go figure. The beauty of Pandora is that it plays anything like and including the band you put in.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was pretty sore by bedtime lastnight but not too bad today. I won't run on it today. But it gives me hope. *smile*