My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick update

Ran 4 miles on Saturday and felt pretty great.  It was tough, but I didn't feel really bad during the run. I just kept telling myself that I could not stop until I reached 4, it was not optional.

Felt pretty rough the rest of the day, I even rehydrated well but I am chalking it up as still being sore from a fall I took on Thursday afternoon.

Rested yesterday and ran 2.5 this morning. It was all I could do not to quit after .5.  Clearly didn't eat right yesterday or drink enough water. I guess you win some and you lose some.

I am still hanging in there. Week one is complete. Ready to keep at it. *smile*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ummmm you forgot to mention you passed you goal for 10 miles this week! ha ha!
since I am not going to run outside till I work my way up to 4 miles on treadmill, lets go for a walk together this week.
Options: after 8 tonight.
After 6 pm tomorrow.
After school on wed.
After 8 on thurs.

Pick one.