My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, May 2, 2011

Well, Well, Well

Well, Well, Well, here I am AGAIN.  Interesting to read my last post in August of 2010.

I have the same issues.  Eating healthy and excersise.  Namely, jogging.

Habits are hard to break. Busy life is never going to slow down. Always going to be food temptations and everything always revolving around food.

Need to find a balance. Need to make time for me. It's all about choices, why am I not making good choices to achieve my goal of weight loss?

New habits that you WANT have to be made priority and scheduled into each day to make into REAL HABITS.

Not happy about where I am at still on this........So instead of sitting around thinking about it, when will I DO something about it?

Set my alarm today to try and start my morning routine off and get this done, MAKE it a priority.

And what did I do, but turn the alarm off.  OFF.

Seems like I am always in this awful battle/cycle.

Run is scheduled in my head for outside this afternoon. *smile*

Need running partner which helps on the accountability aspect and the occasional "fun" run that you end up having with someone.

In reviewing some helpful websites over the weekend, I read that I need to set attainable short term goals to keep me motivated. So, I will try this.

Goal #1: To get out there on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun.  This means jogging or walking. Just get out there those days and log what I have done. No mileage goals, just make it out there for at least 30 minutes those days.

Please send any suggestions, motivations, words of encouragement or divine wisdom my way......

Tune in tomorrow (if anyone is actually out there and reading this :)) for details on my jog. Make me accountable. :)

No comments: