My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday

It's Monday. So tired.  Good weekend. Awesome weather.

Friday, I ran outside and did 2.25 miles with my pain in the neck dog.

I am blaming my shin splints and being sore on him.  If he didn't have to pull me ever which way on the first 1/2 of the run and pee on everything in sight, I would have been much happier.

The last half, he didn't do that and was running beside me, almost behind me with his tounge hanging out.  Mine was too, by the end of the run.

I am hoping as we continue to get out there, he will eventually get into the groove and not pull me every which way.

I prefer my two legged running partner. ;)

Saturday, I biked a mile and walked at least 3 miles with dog.

Yesterday, I forced my family, including dog, to go on a leisurely stroll.  It was 30 minutes at least so I am right on track for my goal this past week, and have met it.

I need to set a new goal this week.  This week, I am setting a goal of 10 running miles.

No comments: