My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Thursday, May 12, 2011

There are good days and then there are bad days.

Yesterday I ran a 5K on the treadmill.  I really thought I was going to fly through that with no problems.  I was wrong and while on the treadmill I had some aches and pains and it was tough.  Really tough, but I wasn't going to give up so I finished it and boy was I glad when it was over!

Today is a rest day, thank goodness and tomorrow is a 30 minute cross training day, so I probably will bike or walk.

I am currently following Hal Higdon's 1/2 Marathon training program. I figure if I get stuck on a week and just keep repeating, that is still working towards getting fit and staying fit, which hopefully leads to pounds lost. :) Because that is ultimately my goal, to get fit and lose weight, not run a 1/2 mary. At least for now, it's not on the radar.

No comments: