My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The climb...

I really have nothing exciting to report today.  I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow and hope to report back with some weight loss! I know there are hundreds of you (insert heavy sarcasm) out there waiting on the edges of your seat!  Today was a rough run. I mean I could whine happily tell you about everything that was wrong with me today......
  • my legs felt like 100 pound dumbells (not that I have ever lifted one)
  • my calves hurt
  • my shins started to hurt
  • I had dry mouth (clearly not taking in enough water)
  • I was having one of those talks with myself (ever have one of those?) while running and feeling like I wanted to quit doubting that I could ever get back to running 4 miles
I need a day of rest tomorrow and will do circuit training on my upper body instead.

I really need to download this song on to my ipod, I love it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

  • ran 2 miles at 4.3, bumped it up to 5.0 for the last 5 minutes (thought I was going to die, but lived to blog about it. ;)


1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

your blog looks so awesome! love the running log!! might have to add that! fun!!! love the verse at the top! love the followers... jk.