My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Roadblocks and Excuses...

I consider a roadblock to be something real in the way of making it difficult to get my run in or not get my run in at all, such as injury or illness.

I believe excuses are ideas in my heads about why I may not make it to run.  You know...tired, too busy, schedule, it's too cold out, work, yada, yada yada...........lazy. I can always come up with excuses, but the truth is if I REALLY want this I need to fit it into my schedule, even if I have to get up early.

My latest roadblock is this chest cold that I have.  I took yesterday off because I only had a couple hours of sleep the night before from coughing and felt generally bad all day.

I took the NO EXCUSES approach today. I decided after a better nights sleep to at least go and try, even if all I did was walk or do the weights.

Mission accomplished, I ran 2 and then did circuit training on the upper body.
  • Saturday - 2 miles

No comments: