My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sticking to it...

I just finished reading Quit Digging Your Grave With a Knife and Fork by Mike Huckabee. Pretty good book, I took away the twelve steps to end bad habits and begin a healthy lifestyle:

Stop Procrastinating
Stop Making excuses
Stop Sitting on the couch
Stop ignoring signals from your body
Stop listening to destructive criticism
Stop expecting immediate success
Stop whining
Stop Making exceptions
Stop storing provisions for failure
Stop fueling with contaminated food
Stop allowing food to be a reward
Stop neglecting your spiritual health

My cold is getting better..made it to the gym again today. It really was HARD today....was a little more sore than I have been. I need to keep taking it slow.  Something is better than nothing.

I warm up with a 5 minute walk, then non-stop at 4.3 until I hit two miles. No walking.
I have really watched my diet carefully this week.  Drinking plenty of water and never eating after 6pm at night.  If I do, its an apple or banana. I have to admit I am anxious to weigh myself on Wednesday morning.
  •  ran 2 miles 

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YOU'RE BLOGGING!! YAY! I can't wait to run again...

I'm gonna to RLAM in May...but I'll be walking with a jogger stroller ;)

Kim@runningtolosewithfaith said...

You may pass me with the jogger stroller!! :)