My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, February 22, 2010

Still Truckin'...

I received something through email that hit me today:
Lent -a time for for renewal and restoration.  Slow down. Make time away from all the "busyness" to connect with your inner self, significant people, and God. "pamper your soul".
Get away with me and you'll recover your life" (Matthew 11:29 The Message)


Yesterday, as I was running on the treadmill I had time to "get away with him".  What better way to be taking care of myself physically and spiritually at the same time.  Even if it at times the conversation went something like this:   "I am going to die on this treadmill Lord, why is this so hard for me"......and.... "can't you help me out here?;)" As for the other things we talked about, well, that is just between Him and I, some things aren't meant to be blogged. ;)  

I guess you could say, I am still truckin' along...
  • 2 mile run and a little circuit training on the abs and arms - I bumped it up to 4.5 today.

No comments: