My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Friday, February 19, 2010

Ready to Run...

Well, here I am.  Blogging.  My name is Kim and I am a wife, and mother to two awesome children.  One girl, age 14, and one boy, age 7.  I also have a big yellow lab whom I adore.

This blog is going to be a journey of weight loss through running and faith - and a little coffee ;)  I have to warn you that there may be a little randomness thrown in here and I am not going to worry about my grammar, commas and run on sentences! ;)

I want to be fit by forty! I have about 2 years and 9 months to accomplish this. So here goes!

Two days ago on Ash Wednesday I decided to give up sweets for lent.  I also decided that was the day to start running again to get fit and lose some much needed weight.What better way to kick off the lenten season by comitting to take care of this body God gave me? So I got real and weighed myself and so I will document my weight loss (hopefully not weight gain) on Wednesdays.

I always hated running in high school and thought they were trying to kill us when they forced us to run the mile.:)  I can honestly say I have never loved running, but I love the way I feel after I run and the results.

About two years ago, I started walking to lose some weight and added running.  I found that I felt good and it helped me lose about 25 pounds. I ran my first race, a 4 mile run in May 2009.  Then in September 2009 I ran a 5K. No record times folks, I was pleased that I finished without having to call 911~   Little did I know keeping it off would be harder. I am back to where I started today.:(

So, now it is time to get real!.  My first short term goal is to run the 4 mile race again in May.
  • Wednesday - did my first weigh in and ran 2 miles
  • Thursday - ran 2 miles
  • Today - day of rest with a chest cold 

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

yeah!!!! love your blog!!!! short sweet funny and random! awesome!!! you are good at it already!!!!