My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Friday, March 19, 2010

Jump start

So, I took some time off.

And I needed a little kick start.

So my friend Beth inspired me to go run today, despite how I was feeling.

And it felt good, and I have been way more productive and feel more energized.

I need to keep this up. Quite frankly, lately I have been in a funk. I have been suffering with allergies and used that as an excuse.

I have not had the best attitude. This needs to change.

So, I am going to pretend it is not really snowing outside and continue on with that bounce in my step today. Because after all, this has to be the last snow of the season, right? :)

2 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

what snow?!?! *smile*

the link works!

r ur running tomorrow??!?!?!

I am!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Last summer when I was training for the 1/2, I came across a saying in Runners World that said you say your excuse to yourself, followed by "but it doesn't matter"

I'm full of excuses...I'm tired, but it doesn't matter. I'm sick, but it doesn't matter.

Weirdly, it helps me. It lets me whine and get it out, and then over-come it.

Enjoy the running. Right now, I can't remember what if feels like to run...can't wait to be reminded! :)

Running is such baby steps...