My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Saturday, March 6, 2010

So far, so good

Details.
I know you don't care out there in bloggy land how many miles, I am logging and whether my eating was good or bad, but you know what?
This blog had a goal.  And that goal was for me to learn about myself, while sharing with the world obviously ;), and be somewhat accountable to myself.  Period.
And you know what?
It is kind of working so far..... I felt compelled to jog for 30 minutes on the treadmill the other day after I wrote these words...."I plan on continuously running for 30 minutes on the treadmill..."
That's all it took folks.
When I wanted to quit and that little voice said "just quit, your tired, this hurts"....the other voice said, "YOU can't quit - you wrote it on your blog!"  Laugh out loud!

I did it.................so........so far, so good.
Ahhh, those voices in my head on the treadmill - I wish they would go away!!!  And I also wish I could say," I love running."
Nope not yet. :) I only love the way I feel after it is done.  *smile*

  • Rest day Thursday (Fell on the ice on Wednesday night)
  • Friday - ran  1.75 Miles
  • Saturday - ran 1 mile (discouraged about soreness from fall)

1 comment:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

can running cause splitting headaches? cause I am dying tonight! dehydration?