My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday

 Maintained.

 That's all I did.  Haven't lost anything since I last posted.  I thought that if I didn't weigh in every    Wednesday, miraculously I would be surprised by some loss...;) I haven't gained, so I will be content with this....for now. *smile*

I have been running 3-4 days a week.  My eating habits haven't changed though...

Some random thoughts....and I do mean random. *wink*

  • I failed at giving up sweets for lent.  What does this say about me that I couldn't give up sweets for lent, when God gave up his only Son for ME?!  I couldn't even give up sweets for a few measly weeks....I am pondering this.  
  • Running outside is SO much harder than the treadmill.  But, I enjoy running outside so much more!! So, my body will just have to get used to it.  It's good for the soul to be outside.
  • I am so thankful each day God has loaned me two beautiful children, and have realized how fast they can be taken to heaven.....at a moments notice or not. How fast things can change....I need to enjoy EVERY moment. 
  • Blogging. It is hard to do when your computer at home is out of service. ): 
  • Teenage girls: Interesting....that's all I have to say. There is no preparation for these years.
  • Boys, 7 year old boys.........crack me up how much they love to be outside and make a mess!
  • Sunny, spring weather.....nothing better.
  • Soccer. It's part of our life every spring and fall. The complex is where I will be living for the next two months.
  • Dairy Queen. Why does my family feel the need to eat there ALL the time?  And my significant other is the guiltiest.  Don't they know I am trying to be healthy here?!
  • My ipod.  Can't live without it. It has my life in it.  I think.  The Nike application that goes along with the sensor in your shoe rocks!  That way I know how many miles I ran.
  • The "Love ya" I hear every time my teenage daughter exits the car...it never gets old and I cherish this. 
  • The snuggling my 7 year old boy likes to do in the morning and at night. I hope this never ends.
  • Easter.  Need to get an egg hunt lined up and dinner figured out.  I am thinking steaks on the grill, am I weird or what?
Well, that is all the randomness for me in one day.  Happy Wednesday folks!




    1 comment:

    Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

    oh my word I love this random post!
    here are my random responses:feels like I just spent the day with you!!! AND NOW you make me eager to try running outside! but I am still scared. *smile*
    I want that Nike sensor now!
    Steak rocks ANY day of the year, and so does DQ! I am soooo trying to stay away from there!!!
    we are grilling tonight.
    why am I sort of glad you didn't make it without sweets? I think cause I knew I sure couldn't do it and it eases my guilt thinking you couldn't either! ha ha!
    love u!