My competition in training or a race is not all the other runners - my competition is that little voice in my head that tells me I should quit.
For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. Matthew 17:20 NRSV

Monday, March 1, 2010

Do It Anyways

Friday I only ran a 1/2 mile before deciding to do weight training on the upper body and give my legs a rest because I had terrible cramps in my legs.  Saturday, I only ran 1 mile because my legs were achey.  Sunday, I took the whole day off hoping for a great run today.  My eating wasn't the best all weekend but it wasn't the worst either. I still have not had any sweets.

Today, I was really excited about getting my run in because my legs weren't cramped or achey. I felt glad that I had rested and was ready to conquer the treadmill. So, I get on and boom I hit the 1/2 mile mark and I want to quit with tired legs and lungs. I had to fight with myself, I call it "head games". You know -  all the reasons 1/2 of you tells yourself to quit and the other part of you is saying "no!"....depends on the day who wins......

Since I have begun this journey, I decided no excuses are accepted unless injury/illness.  So today, my legs felt tired and my lungs felt tired and the whole run was a struggle but I didn't quit, I "just did it".  I hope tomorrow isn't so much of a struggle and I hope the one 1/2 of my head wins again and again.!! ;)  One day at a time........

    • 30 minutes continuous jog at 4.3   2 miles
    • circuit training on upper body